Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Views are Epic


I'm about a week away from going home to my home state of CO and all I can think about at this moment is the mountains. I'm thinking of my friends and family of course but the more time I spend away from Colorado, the more I think about what makes the state so much better than everywhere else to me. CO is unique for its mountains compared to the "ocean state" that I'm living in right now.


I'm picturing the views that I have had the privilege to see. I try to tell my friends here about the mountains but most can't imagine what its like to be on top of a fourteen thousand foot peak. Its the view that makes life epic. You can see life from every direction. I can see life from above yet there's so much more above me. The views from the "fourteeners" that I have climbed really keep things in perspective. From these views, I stay grounded. I know my place in nature and I know that there's so much more to life. Beyond my personal experiences, lies a world full of peaks that I can't wait to climb because the views are my rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment