Monday, November 9, 2009

Laugh at Yourself


You wanna know what I think is an epic fail? and one that I do quite often? I believe that an epic fail in everyday life is when an individual has to explain their joke. It sounds simple but I'm sure everyone who is reading this and probably everyone in the world has had to explain their joke... basically realizing that their joke was really lame and not funny at all. I've done this too many times to count and I got to experience the embarrassment of knowing that I had just attempted to tell a joke (that in my head was hilarious) and it failed miserably today. I can't share this joke with you because I feel like I've turned red enough today. So instead, I tell myself that my jokes are simply just way above everyone else's heads. This tends to make me feels better.


I think I get this from my mom. By this, I mean the whole idea of thinking that I'm super funny when in reality most of my jokes are pretty lame. She always says "I crack myself up" and I always respond "so does that mean I should be laughing?" I've always thought that she and I make a pretty good comedy team. We might struggle a bit on our own but we kill it when we're together. This goes for my best friends back at home too. They're pretty good comedians on their own but once we all get going, the humor flies. Trust me.


Just do me a favor guys... find humor in having to explain your own jokes. it may be embarrassing but its pretty awesome if you can laugh at yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment