Sunday, November 8, 2009

Music that leads somewhere...

So today I got to thinking about my childhood and how music can bring me back to those days. I returned to the days of dancing around the campfire and climbing peaks simply from listening to an epic song like "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The fact that music can lead me somewhere is inspiring; it can bring me down a path that doesn't necessarily just lead to the past... it points to the future too. I find myself within music and lost without it.

Music that can make me think is the epitome of all music. I'm willing to just lay back in a car and look out at the stars all night listening to one artist or song if I can have those few hours of calm to think. Music is both a release and a catalyst. It sturs up memories and thoughts that I have been trying to hide or put behind me, lets me take out my anger or sadness on something rather than someone, helps bring me back down to earth when things get to be too much and it allows for new thoughts and ideas to flow. I doubt I would be the person I am today without it. Bottom line... music is incredibely epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment