Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Everything Feels Like the End


Everything feels like the end of the world when you're young. I'm not one to say that I know what its like to be older (I'm 20 so what do I know?) but I do know that its easy to get wrapped up in the little things. Its unbelievably easy to overreact to the simplest situations.

Ever looked back at a situation and seen it much clearer after the fact? This happened to me and made me realize that its time for me to relax and take a few steps back from my life. A person can get way too caught up in everyday life and stressors. It makes it impossible to realize that in the long run things will be OK. This concept felt so foreign to me but it took just a few events to snap me out of this stressful state I was stuck in.

It is completely acceptable to take things seriously and to consider them important to life, but when do people take it too far? This is different for everyone, but to me, I believe it is when people lose sight of the bigger picture. When an individual can no longer understand that a single fight, an injury, or an exam will not destroy their life as they know it, they have forgotten to take pleasure in the simple things. They have given into the pressures of life, and there is no end to that spiral, unless there is an event to snap them out. It can be disguised as just another stressor but it takes something personal, something that hits home, to make one see there is so much more beyond the little bubble they have created for themselves. My advice: let things bring happiness to you, and trim the negatives out of your life. The bigger picture during any time in your life is far more enjoyable than the holes you will dig yourself into. Would you rather see the world or dirt walls?

No comments:

Post a Comment